We love this Chicken and Cheese Rice Pie Recipe! So simple and very adaptable – throw in whatever leftovers you have in the fridge. What would you add to yours?
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 cups Cooked Rice (white or brown)
- 500g Ingham's Chicken Breast Mince (or finely chopped Chicken Breast)
- 1 medium Brown Onion
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Tasty Cheese, shredded
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 packet French Onion Soup Mix
- Gently fry the chicken mince and the onion until cooked through.
- While the chicken and onion are cooking, combine all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken and onion and mix really well to ensure all ingredients are combined.
- Liberally butter a shaped cake tray if you have one (if not just use a slice tray) then lightly spray with olive oil (optional).
- Spoon in the chicken and rice mixture and firmly press down into the tray.
- Rest the tray on another flat baking tray and cook in a moderate oven (175 - 180 degrees fan forced) for 35 - 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil for 15 minutes before serving. When you're ready to serve your Chicken and Cheese Rice Pie, carefully turn out onto a serving platter then garnish with some fresh herbs, a few cherry tomatoes or anything to add a little colour. Enjoy!
Roasted veges are also amazing in this Chicken and Cheese Rice Pie. Serve with a crisp green salad and a big dollop of spicy tomato salsa or fruit chutney.If you'd like to take this Chicken and Cheese Pie on a picnic or include in lunchboxes, refrigerate overnight and then slice into nice thick slices.