- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Chicken and chips for dinner? Well yes please … any day of the week!
Chicken and chips are always a crowd pleaser. Whether it’s just your family or you’ve got some friends and family joining in the tasty fun, it’s a great meal to be able to throw together quickly. Now you don’t need to race down to the chicken shop either – chicken and chips for dinner are easier than ever thanks to Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake.
NEW to supermarket shelves, Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake brings Nando’s love for PERi-PERi to your very own kitchen, so that whipping up chicken and chips for dinner is super easy and so tasty.
Whether you love your roast chicken with just a slight touch of heat or enough to get your mouth tingling, Nando’s have got you covered with their Lemon & Herb (Extra Mild) and Medium PERi-PERi Bag & Bake flavours.
Nando’s Bag & Bake is the newest way to infuse your meal with Nando’s world-famous PERi-PERi. Each pack of Nando’s Bag & Bake comes with a parchment bag as well as a sachet of PERi-PERi spice, made from a combination of their own unique African Bird’s Eye Chilli, herbs, lemon and garlic.
Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake contains no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavours and no artificial colours. It’s also vegetarian, halal certified and certified kosher.
One sachet is enough to infuse 500g of chicken (or your choice of meat and veggies) to give you and your family a PERi-fect meal in 3 Easy Steps!
1. Simply add your choice of meat or veggies (or both!) to the cooking bag.
2. Sprinkle in the PERi-PERi spice. Fold the bag along the edge and give it a gentle shake.
3. Lay it flat on a baking tray, making sure that none of your meat is lying on top of each other, then pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. It’s as easy as that! After 30 minutes, remove from the oven, tear the bag and revel in the masterpiece which you’ve created.
Where can I buy Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake?
Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake is available only at selected Woolworths stores nationally.
Perfect for Chicken and Chips … but also amazing for all sorts of chicken dishes.
Find Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake in the spice aisle or online here.
Check out just how quick it is to whip up a Chicken and Chips Dinner in a Bag >>
*Please be aware the bag is flammable. Read packaging for full instructions.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 Chicken and Chips Dinners)
- 1 Nando's PERi-PERi Bag & Bake Medium
- 4 small Chicken Breasts
- 8 large White Potatoes (look for high starch low water varieties like Idaho)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 190' celcius.
- Place chicken breasts into the Nando's PERi-PERi Bag, sprinkle with Nando's Medium seasoning, seal the bag, shake to coat the chicken well and then lay flat on a baking tray. Set aside while you prepare the chips.
- Peel the potatoes but do not rinse (you want to keep the potatoes as dry as possible). Slice the potatoes into 1cm wide slices then rotate and slice again into 1cm strips.
- As you cut the chips, lay onto either a clean tea towel or paper towel. Sprinkle with half the sea salt and allow to sit for a few minutes (this helps extract a little more moisture). Cover with another tea towel or paper towel and pat dry.
- Place the chips into a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and the rest of the sea salt. Spread onto the largest baking tray you have to allow each chip as much room as possible.
- Place the tray of chips into the top 1/3 of the oven and the chicken into the bottom third. Cook for 20 minutes then rotate the trays.
- After another 10 minutes, your chicken should be beautifully cooked and your chips should be crisp and golden. If not, pop back into the oven for another 10 minutes - checking regularly.
- Allow the chicken to remain in the bag for a few minutes once out of the oven to absorb remaining juices. Then serve the chicken and chips with a lovely crisp garden salad.
MoM Members have also been trialling Nando's PERi-PERi Bag & Bake flavours at home ... and love them!See what other MoM Members are saying about Nando's PERi-PERi Bag & Bake flavours »