- Makes 20
- 28 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This choc chip cookie recipe is courtesy of McKenzie’s.
Ingredients (makes 20 Biscuits)
- 2 cups McKenzie’s Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
- ¼ tsp McKenzie’s Natural Sea Salt
- 1 very ripe medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (warmed in microwave until liquid)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (or pecans or shredded coconut)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or raisins)
Notes... When Nutrition Australia unveiled its 'new and improved' healthy food pyramid earlier this year, legumes was the one food group that appeared twice! Rich in protein, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, minerals and vitamins, these healthy and cost effective vegetables should form part of a daily diet for both children and adults alike. These days, children obesity levels are rising and Australian kids are eating more foods high in fat and sugars. Cleverly incorporating legumes and other healthy vegetables into their daily diet is one way of improving overall health and wellbeing.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients, except for the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture 5cm apart onto trays. Bake cookies for 18 minutes.
Recipe Choc chip cookies
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.