This choc chip cookie recipe is courtesy of McKenzie’s.
Ingredients (makes 20 Biscuits)
- 2 cups McKenzie’s Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- ¾ cup chickpea flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp McKenzie’s Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp McKenzie’s Bi-Carb Soda
- ¼ tsp McKenzie’s Natural Sea Salt
- 1 very ripe medium banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (warmed in microwave until liquid)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (or pecans or shredded coconut)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients, except for the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture 5cm apart onto trays. Bake cookies for 18 minutes.