- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A dessert pasta recipe created using the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g Plain flour
- 40g Cocoa
- 40g Icing sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 100g White chocolate melts
- 250g Ricotta
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Orange Segments and dollop cream to serve
- To make the orange ricotta filling: Melt white chocolate and set aside to cool slightly. Combine ricotta, orange rind and juice in a bowl. Stir in the white chocolate and set aside in the freezer while you make the pasta.
- To make the chocolate pasta: Attach the lasagne disc to the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker. Combine flour, cocoa and icing sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine and pour into the bowl of the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker. Set to 1 cup setting. Whisk 2 of the eggs in the liquid cup, and pour into the machine slowly.
- Cut pasta into lengths of approx 30cm and lay between damp paper towel while making all the pasta.
- To assemble: Crack remaining egg into a bowl and whisk gently. Spoon teaspoonfuls of orange ricotta mixture along the length of one pasta sheet. Brush the pasta sheet with egg and lay another sheet on top. Carefully press down pasta around the filling, ensuring no air bubbles. Cut the pasta into shapes using a scone cutter or knife. Repeat with remaining pasta and filling.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 4-5 minutes. The ravioli should float to the top when cooked. Serve on plates with a dollop of cream and fresh orange segments.
This recipe would taste great with an orange sauce, or even a warm dark chocolate and orange sauce. The white chocolate is optional and could be replaced with a few tablespoons of icing sugar to taste. The quantity of ricotta mixture is probably enough for a double batch of chocolate pasta, but you could freeze any leftovers for another time.