- Makes 12
- 65 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
These decorated Easter chocolate cupcakes are quick, simple and cute!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1¼ cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (50g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Baking Cocoa
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (75g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark Melts
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- 65g butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- A few drops of orange food colouring
- 1 ALLEN’S Green Snake, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan forced. Line 12-hole (1/3-cup/80mL) muffin pan with paper cases. Place flour, sugar, NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Baking Cocoa and baking powder in a bowl, stir to combine.
- Place buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla in a separate jug; mix into dry ingredients. Beat well to combine. Divide mixture among cases and bake for 25 minutes or until tested with a skewer, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark Melts and cream in a medium bowl. Microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth; set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, beating constantly until combined, add orange food colouring until desired colour is achieved. Place mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
- Carefully scoop a small amount of cake out of each cupcake into a bowl, crumble cake mixture and reserve. Spread cooled chocolate mixture over cupcake tops; carefully coat with reserved cake crumbs.
- Using the piping bag fitted with butter cream, pipe into cupcake holes, coming through the top. Garnish with ALLEN’S Green Snake strips.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.