- Serves 2
- Makes 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Leading dietitian Susie Burrell says pancakes are an easy, versatile meal that can be as healthy or as indulgent as you like.
“Pancakes really are a fantastic way to use up ingredients and are super easy and quick to whip up when you’re facing hungry kids,” she says.
“To keep pancakes healthy, focus on including fresh and natural ingredients like nut spreads, fruit, vegetables and herbs and reduce the use of sugars and artificial sweeteners.”
This delicious vegan recipe is by Rebecca Young
Ingredients (serves 2 | makes 6 6 pancakes)
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour (pancake ingredients)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (pancake ingredients)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted (pancake ingredients)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder (pancake ingredients)
- 1 very ripe banana (pancake ingredients)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (sauce ingredients)
- 2 tbsp Mayver's Peanut Butter (sauce ingredients)
- 3 medjool dates (sauce ingredients)
- Blend the dates and the almond milk until they are well combined and there are no chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the cacao powder, date/almond milk from the blender and the banana. Mash the banana through the mixture with a fork.
- In a non-stick frypan over medium heat, cook the pancakes for approx. 2 minutes either side.
- Blend the sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour over pancakes when they’re ready.