This cake was a hit at christmas time and was devoured in a small time frame.
The flavours seemed to work well and was a very moist cake, looking gorgeous inside.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 1 cake )
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup brandy- mixed fruit
- 1 tsp bi-carb
- 125g butter (room temp)
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup finley chopped dates
- 2 eggs
- 60ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups Icing mixture
- 1-2 tbsp buttermilk (or you can use normal milk)
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- sift the flour and bi-carb together into a bowl.
- In another bowl put the butter and sugar together and beat until combined and fluffy.adding one egg at a time. then place the mashed banana and mixed fruit, then add the milk and flour and mix until just combined. place into a preheated oven at 170c (fan forced) for 45 minutes or until nicely golden and cooked through the centre.
- To make the frosting, place 3 cups Icing Mixture, 3/4 cup softened butter into a bowl and start to beat together. Gradually add the 1 - 2 tbsp buttermilk (or normal milk) and beat until you have found your preferred texture for icing the cake!