- Serves 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 13 Ingredients
These coconut poached prawns are delicious!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3cm Lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tin Coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 knob Ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 Lime leaves, scrunched
- 1/2 Red onion, finely diced
- 1 Chilli, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch Coriander, stems & leaves separated
- 1 Lime, zested & juiced
- 250 grams Prawns
- 100 grams Rice stick noodles
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Cut off the lower part of the lemongrass bulb because this is woody and tough; remove the outer leaves and use the softer layers within. Bruise the trimmed stalk with the back of a knife to help break down it's fibrous stalk and release the flavour, chop remaining stalk.
- In a saucepan; add coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lime leaves, red onion, chilli, finely chopped coriander stems, lemongrass and lime zest and simmer over medium-high heat for approximately 6-8 minutes. This will infuse flavours together.
- Add prawns and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until they begin to colour, then remove from heat and stir in lime juice and stand to let the residual heat cook the prawns fully.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, stand for approximately 3-4 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- Remove prawns from the poaching liquid and divide amongst bowls, then ladle poaching liquid over. Combine the coriander leaves and the cucumber in a bowl and pile on top of prawns and noodles to serve.
This dish is warm, refreshing and packed with zing.