- Serves 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 13 Ingredients
These coconut poached prawns are delicious!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3cm Lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tin Coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 knob Ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 Lime leaves, scrunched
- 1/2 Red onion, finely diced
- 1 Chilli, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch Coriander, stems & leaves separated
- 1 Lime, zested & juiced
- 250 grams Prawns
- 100 grams Rice stick noodles
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
Notes... This dish is warm, refreshing and packed with zing.
- Cut off the lower part of the lemongrass bulb because this is woody and tough; remove the outer leaves and use the softer layers within. Bruise the trimmed stalk with the back of a knife to help break down it's fibrous stalk and release the flavour, chop remaining stalk.
- In a saucepan; add coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lime leaves, red onion, chilli, finely chopped coriander stems, lemongrass and lime zest and simmer over medium-high heat for approximately 6-8 minutes. This will infuse flavours together.
- Add prawns and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until they begin to colour, then remove from heat and stir in lime juice and stand to let the residual heat cook the prawns fully.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, stand for approximately 3-4 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- Remove prawns from the poaching liquid and divide amongst bowls, then ladle poaching liquid over. Combine the coriander leaves and the cucumber in a bowl and pile on top of prawns and noodles to serve.
Recipe Coconut poached prawns
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.