- Serves 2
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Coconut rice is a simple dish which can be done in seconds and works well with leftover rice. Easy, delicious and highly affordable!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split urad dal/white lentil/vigna mungo
- 1/2 tsp chana dal/bengal gram
- 2-3 dry red chilli
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- a pinch hing/asafoetida
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- to season salt
- In a large kadai, heat oil and ghee
- Add all the ingredients except coconut and rice and mix well.
- Next, add the scraped coconut and sauté for a minute till the rawness goes. Do not overcook or allow the coconut change colour. Season with salt if necessary.
- Turn to low heat and add the cooked rice; mix well without breaking the rice.