- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This sauce came about last night when I found myself in a experimental mood. It was rich and creamy as most mushroom sauces are but with the freshness of basil that gave the dish a lift.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Packet Pasta - I used Potato Gnocchi
- 4 cups Fresh field mushrooms - most Flat or button mushrooms could be used
- 1 1/2 cups Full cream - this could be substituted for a skim version
- 50 grams Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Pesto - (store bought or home made)
- A pinch Salt and Pepper to taste
Notes... I would recommend if serving to guests to not mix the sauce through the pasta as colour wise it doesn't hold much plate appeal. So serve in a small mound on-top of the pasta so that there is a contrast and not just a brown coloured sauce mixed throughout the dish.
- Slice mushrooms. Put pasta on to cook. In a pan sauté the mushrooms with the butter. Add salt and pepper at this stage if you are using them.
- Once mushrooms have changed colour add pesto and cook until thoroughly mixed through.
- Add cream and reduce until you have a sauce of your preferred consistency.
- Add to the pasta you have chosen to cook and enjoy.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.