- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This sauce came about last night when I found myself in a experimental mood. It was rich and creamy as most mushroom sauces are but with the freshness of basil that gave the dish a lift.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Packet Pasta - I used Potato Gnocchi
- 4 cups Fresh field mushrooms - most Flat or button mushrooms could be used
- 1 1/2 cups Full cream - this could be substituted for a skim version
- 50 grams Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Pesto - (store bought or home made)
- A pinch Salt and Pepper to taste
Notes... I would recommend if serving to guests to not mix the sauce through the pasta as colour wise it doesn't hold much plate appeal. So serve in a small mound on-top of the pasta so that there is a contrast and not just a brown coloured sauce mixed throughout the dish.
- Slice mushrooms. Put pasta on to cook. In a pan sauté the mushrooms with the butter. Add salt and pepper at this stage if you are using them.
- Once mushrooms have changed colour add pesto and cook until thoroughly mixed through.
- Add cream and reduce until you have a sauce of your preferred consistency.
- Add to the pasta you have chosen to cook and enjoy.
Recipe Creamy Mushroom and Pesto Pasta
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.