- Makes 2
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
Cheaper and healthier than ready made, prepackage custard.
Ingredients (makes 2 Cups)
- 3 tbls Custard powder
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 tbls Sugar
- Heat 2 cups of milk and sugar in a sauce pan until near boiling.
- While waiting, mix custard powder and 1/2 cup of milk together to a jug to form a smooth liquid.
- When milk in saucepan is near boiling, add the custard powder mixture slowly to the saucepan, simmer and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes. The custard should start to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Place saucepan in a sink of cold water to help it cool down quicker and spoon into containers with lids, if using for school.
- When packing for school lunches don't forget to add a spoon and ice brick or frozen drink to keep the custard cool.
This custard is not as sweet as regular custard. Have your children try a few times at home first, to get used to the taste and texture. You can add more sugar if you like.