- Serves 2
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 23 Ingredients
As with all things Americana, D’Orsogna’s NEW Flame Roasted Ham and Sourdough Sandwich is large and packed with bold flavours.
The trick to creating an incredible sandwich is generosity with the hero ingredient. In this case the star is D’Orsogna’s Flame Roasted Sweet Dijon Mustard Leg Ham which, with its double smoking and sweet dijon flavour, gives a big nod to southern American BBQ culture.
The D’Orsogna Flame Roasted Sweet Dijon Mustard Leg Ham is available freshly sliced, exclusively at your local Woolworths Deli counter.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250g D’Orsogna Flame Roasted Sweet Dijon Mustard Leg Ham, sliced around 3mm thick (available exclusively at the Woolworths Deli counter)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 thick slices of sourdough, brushed with olive oil both sides
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 sandwich sliced dill pickles
- 6 baby Cos lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup dressed slaw (see below)
- 4 - 6 thick slices of beef tomato
- 1 cob corn
- 4 tbsp Piccalilli or corn relish
- FOR THE SLAW
- 1/2 red apple sliced into thin crescents
- ½ cup Savoy cabbage, shredded thinly
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded thinly
- 3 radishes, sliced thinly
- ½ cup charred corn kernels
- ½ cup dressing (see below)
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 3/4 cup sweet dill and Dijon mayonnaise (or mix together mayonnaise, fresh dill and dijon mustard)
- Juice of half a lemon
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- dill sprigs
- Extra charred corn
- Brush your corn with a little oil then char on a BBQ grill, under a griller or in a hot pan. Allow to cool slightly then cut the kernels from the cob and set aside.
- FOR THE SLAW Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and season to taste. Add ½ a cup to the slaw and toss. Set remaining dressing aside.
- SANDWICH PREPARATION Char the bread on a BBQ grill, under a griller or in a hot pan.
- Lay out two pieces of charred bread.
- Stack each slice with half the cheese, pickles, cos leaves, slaw, tomato, Piccalilli and then top with a folded abundance of Flame Roasted Ham.
- Finish with extra Slaw dressing, charred corn and dill if you want to go all the way.
- Close the sandwich with another charred sourdough slice, and secure a pickle on the top for effect.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.