- Makes 30
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A quick and easy recipe, perfect for the kids to help with and ideal to freeze for school or kinder lunches!
Ingredients (makes 30 )
- 250g Butter - room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar (white)
- 1 1/2 cups Whole milk
- 4 Eggs - room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 cups Self raising flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa
- 2 Pinches of salt
- 1/2 cup White choc melts, broken into quarters
- 30 Patty pans
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C (fan forced) Line cupcake tins with patty pans
- Beat together butter and sugar until sugar about dissolved and mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs lightly and add vanilla. Combine and add to mixer, together with milk. Combine briefly.
- Sift together SRF, cocoa and salt. Add to mixer together with choc bits and mix until just combined. Finish with spatula to ensure all ingredients are combined. You should now have a lovely light and fluffy batter.
- Using a dessert spoon. Spoon mixture into patty pans leaving a slight gap at the top of each (do not overfill). Bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked through. I switch my trays after 8 or so minutes as my oven tends to bake unevenly.
This was a childhood recipe I adapted after Miss requested chocolate cupcakes and we had left over choc bits from Christmas baking. The mixture is easily made excluding chocolate for a delightful vanilla cake or could be modified as you wish eg adding sultanas, dessicated coconut. They are perfect as they are or can be iced for further indulgence!