- Makes 30
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Another favourite recipe from my Nanna. She always made these if we were having a picnic, party or BBQ, and they were very popular. They’re nice to eat on their own, but also good if you’re serving dips.
Ingredients (makes 30 Biscuits)
- 125 gm Self-Raising Flour
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 60 gm Butter
- 60 gm Tasty Matured Cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Sieve flour, salt and cayenne pepper into a large bowl, then rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in grated cheese, and mix together with egg yolk and water.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface, until dough is about 1/2 cm thick. Cut dough into fingers approximately 7 cm long and 2 cm wide.
- Place biscuits on an oven tray lined with baking paper, and bake in a 220 degrees Celsius oven for 7 - 10 minutes until light golden brown.
To jazz these biscuits up a bit, try sprinkling a little finely grated cheese over them before baking, or some poppy or sesame seeds. If you want to give the biscuits some "bite", add a couple of very finely chopped chillis to the mixture.