- Makes 3
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This savoury butter is so incredibly easy, and has so many uses. It's great for Garlic Bread, lovely stirred through pasta, delicious if used to fry some fish fillets, as a coating for Pan-Fried Sandwiches, and so much more. I usually portion it into 3 sealed containers, and keep one in the fridge and freeze the other two for later use.
Ingredients (makes 3 cups)
- 500 gm Butter (softened)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Tasty Cheese (grated)
- 6 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Dried Herbs
- 2 teaspoons Parsley (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter to spreading consistency. Mix in onion, cheese, garlic, herbs and parsley. Put in sealed containers and store in refrigerator.
If you have access to them, use fresh herbs for even more flavour. Spring onions are nice added to the mix, a little finely chopped Chilli gives a bit of bite, and you can add more or less garlic according to your preferences. I often add a tablespoon or two of grated Parmesan Cheese, because I don't think you can ever have enough cheese.