- Serves 5
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This quiche is delicious served with a garden salad and fresh bread rolls.
This dish can be prepared during the day, stored in the fridge and popped in the oven before dinner.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 250 g packet of chopped frozen spinach (defrosted in the fridge the night before)
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 100 g raw pumpkin, grated
- 5 eggs
- 80 g cheese, grated
- 80 g Danish fetta cheese, crumbled roughly
- 125 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced and line a pie dish with baking paper.
- Snip the corner off the spinach bag and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Mix all ingredients, pour into lined pie dish and bake for approximately 1 hour or until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Substitute spinach and pumpkin with corn kernels and bacon, or leftover roasted vegetables for easy alternatives. Leftovers can be eaten cold the next day. This recipe has been extracted from Wholesome Food for Busy Parents by Cassandra Fenaughty.