- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A quick and easy dinner to use up leftover meats or veg from your fridge at the end of the week.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 - 2 breast Cooked or Raw chicken depending what you have handy
- 4 slice or 1 cup diced bacon
- 1 cup rice
- 1 avocado
- 1 fresh or 1/2 tin diced tomato
- 1 cup assorted diced veg. This can be altered depending what is in your fridge or freezer.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tsp paprika
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Sour cream to serve
- 1. Cook the bacon in the pan with garlic until browned (cook with chicken if you’re using raw chicken) and then add the chicken, rice, vegetables, cumin, paprika, chicken stock and water.
- Stir to combine then turn the heat down to low and cover with lid. Simmer for 15/18 minutes until the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. If you need to add more water and cook longer just adjust this to suit.
- Cover with chopped tomato and avocado then top with cheese then cover again and cook until cheese is melted. Dish it up and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.