- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This cauliflower soup is so quick, easy and delicious. Dinner really couldn’t get any easier!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 whole Cauliflower (cut into florets, including stem)
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Vegemite
- Cracked black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, simmer the cauliflower in the chicken stock until tender (5-10 mins).
- Add the vegemite and stir until dissolved.
- Using a heat-proof stick blender or a food processor/blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Add pepper and chopped parsley, to taste.
- Serve with a generous sprinkling of shaved or grated parmesan cheese.
Cauliflower is available most of the year round, but this makes for a particularly nutritious winter-warming dinner. I have been garnishing this with some homemade pistachio dukkah recently, just for a change - yummo! Change the chicken stock for vegetable to make the dish vegetarian. For dairy-free, omit the parmesan cheese and replace with an equally delicious garnish (e.g. pesto, dukkah) or enjoy it plain and simple.