- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Easy pizza scrolls that are very yummy. Great for lunckboxes, dinner and snacks.
I added a little extra toppings and cheese to suit myself, but still really easy and very yummy.
Ingredients (makes 12 large slices)
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 30g butter butter
- 3/4 cup (180mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (70g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Italian Herb blend
- 100g sliced mild salami, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (200g) coarsely grated pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to moderate (180/160 degrees C fan-forced). Grease 19cm X 29cm slice pan.
- Place flour and sugar in medium bowl;use fingers to rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in milk;mix to a soft, sticky dough. Knead dough lightly on floured surface. Using rolling pin, roll dough to form 300cm X 40cm rectangle.
- Use back of large spoon, spread tomato paste all over base, then sprinkle evenly with herb blend; top with salami, capsicum then cheese.
- Starting from one of the long sides, roll dough up tightly;trim edges. Using serrated knife, cut roll carefully into 12 even slices; place slices, cut side up, in a single layer, in pan. Bake scroll slices, uncovered, about 30 mins or until browned lightly.