Lemon curd is delicious served on toast or scones, and also very good as a filling for cakes, cheesecakes, as an ice cream topping, on biscuits or crêpes.
Ingredients (makes 2 Cups)
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Lemons rind finely grated
- 200ml Lemon Juice (approx 3 Lemons)
- 125g butter cubed
- In a microwave-safe bowl, beat whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar until incorporated. Cut butter into small cubes and add to the egg mixture.
- Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice, give it a quick stir and place into microwave.
- Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM or 50% (I used a 650W-power microwave) for about 8 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. During the cooking, stop the microwave every minute and give the mixture a stir before resuming cooking.
- For a smoother creamier curd push through a strainer