- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A low cost, family friendly recipe.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500 grams Beef mince
- 1 tbls Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 400 grams Crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbls Tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp Oregano
- 150-200 grams Pasta, uncooked, (I usually use spirals)
- 1-2 cups Cheese, grated (depends on how cheesy you like it)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cook pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Cook onion, garlic and carrot, until carrot is tender.
- Add mince, cook until browned. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano and simmer until mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat.
- Stir cooked pasta and half of the cheese into beef mixture. Spoon into an oven proof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake, uncovered for approximate 20 minutes or until browned.
In place of the tinned tomatoes and tomato paste you could use pasta sauce or condensed tomato soup. You could easily add some grated zucchini or chopped celery along with the onion and carrot.