- Makes 24
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Watch these disappear before your eyes.
Ingredients (makes 24 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large brown onions chopped
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 7 dashes worcestershire sauce
- splash red or white wine
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese (or Swiss)
- 24 whole white mushrooms
- parsley and sea salt
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium and add onions and saute for 15 minutes until really soft. Splash in wine, broth and worcestershire and cook for another 5 minutes or until liquid is cooked down. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in another skillet over medium and throw in mushrooms for 2 minutes, just to start the cooking process. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt.
- Place mushroom caps face down in a baking dish and where the stem used to be fill with the onion mixture and sprinkle the cheese on the top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on the top.
You can crush a garlic or two if you like and cook with the onions.