- Makes 30
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These biscuits are reasonably plain, that is, they are not too sweet, but they have a short-texture with just a hint of Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger finished with a glistening crown of Buderim Ginger Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade.
Recipe courtesy of Buderim Ginger
Ingredients (makes 30 biscuits)
- 200g butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached or regular plain flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup custard powder
- 1/3 cup Buderim Ginger Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade
Notes... You can substitute Buderim Ginger Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade with Buderim Ginger Original Ginger Marmalade. A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used. New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to moderately hot [190°C].
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale in colour and creamy.
- Add chopped Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger and beat a further 1 minute.
- Sift flour, cornflour and custard powder together. Add to creamed butter mixture beat carefully at this point as mixture will resemble coarse breadcrumbs. Using fingertips to gently knead dough into a ball.
- Divide mixture into 30 even portions, form into balls and place onto a non stick baking paper lined baking tray about 5mm a part. Using a small bottle top about 22 to 25mm diameter [I used a lidded vanilla bottle up-side down], press down gently, but firm creating a reasonably deep indentation; fill each indentation with a teaspoonful of Ginger Lemon & Lime Marmalade.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes turning tray around if necessary half way through baking, until firm and a light brown in colour.
- Remove from oven, cool on tray on a wire rack for about 5 minutes then transfer to wire cake rack to finish cooling. Immediately cooled, store in airtight container.
Recipe Ginger marmalade biscuits
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.