- Makes 12
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
my kids love decorating these gingerbread men and they are great for parties.
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 75g Butter
- 75g Brown Sugar
- 75g Syrup
- 2tsp ginger powder
- 200g flour
- 1 Egg
- Melt Butter, sugar and syrup on low heat. Cool a little
- Add everything to the butter mixture and Beat everything together
- Knead lightly on a well floured surface to bind it all together. Then Roll out on floured surface.
- Cutout shapes using cutter. Bake 180C or 12 minutes until it is lightly golden brown.
- Cool on wire tray. Make icing with icing sugar and a little water mix to right consistency and decorate. roughly 2 heaped table spoons of sugar to 1-2 tsp water.
You could cut out round circles using a regular cookie cutter or shapes/animals/numbers if you have different shaped cutters. You could make patterns on the top with icing like stripes or dots. Let your creative side come out! you can also colour the icing with a few drops of food colouring to make festive ones too!