- Makes 30
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A slightly modified traditional recipe to cater for GF. Can be made DF by using a dairy alternate spread in lieu of butter.
Ingredients (makes 30 )
- 125g Butter - melted
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 2 tbsp Boiling water
- 1 1/2tsp Bi carb soda
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- Melt butter gently together with the golden syrup
- In a separate bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut, sugar and flour.
- Separately, combine bi carb with boiling water and add quickly to butter and golden syrup mixture. Beware of bubbling!
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Roll into balls approx golf ball sized.
- Place balls on a lined tray, allowing for spreading out during cooking. Flatten each slightly with a fork.
- Bake approx 20 mins in a 120degree C oven.
I added a handful of salted peanuts to half of the batch and they were delicious!