- Makes 14
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
The basil pesto gives the traditional tuna pattie a twist.
Ingredients (makes 14 Patties)
- 600g Potatoes, peeled
- 6-8 Green shallots thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Basil pesto
- 3 x 59g Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Packaged breadcrumbs
- 425g can Tuna in springwater
- Chop potatoes and place in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil covered until tender, then drain. Return potatoes to pan and mash well over a low heat. Remove from heat.
- Saute shallots in a heated greased frypan until slightly softened. Drain and flake tuna. Place tuna into a large bowl, stir in mashed potato, shallots, pesto and 1 lightly beaten egg. Season the mixture with salt and pepper if desired.
- Lightly beat remaining 2 eggs in a shallow dish. Toss 1/4 cup quantities of tuna mixture in breadcrumbs and shape into patties. Dip the patties in beaten eggs and toss again in breadcrumbs to coat evenly, shaping rounds into neat patties with your hands.
- Shallow-fry patties in hot oil in a large frypan until golden on both side, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve tuna patties with salad and accompany with lemon wedges, if desired.
Tuna patties can be prepared several hours ahead. Place on a foil-lined tray in a single layer and keep refrigerated. Cook as required.