- Makes 1
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This is the best Guacamole recipe around and will last a good three or four hours without turning brown.
Ingredients (makes 1 big bowl)
- half small onion finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic
- 2 roma tomatos
- 2 serrano chilli finely chopped and seeded (don't seed if you want it hot)
- 4 avocados
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
- 2 lime juiced
- amount salt
- Add the onion, garlic, tomato and chilli into a mortar and pestle along with some salt to taste. Grind them together until the tomato bits have fallen apart slightly, and the mixture looks wet and smells aromatic.
- Spoon the avocados into the mix and grind some more, until the mixture is mostly smooth, with a few avocado chunks here and there.
- Add the coriander and lime juice and a little more salt. Stir to taste. Add more salt and lime juice if needed. Serve with unsalted corn chips.