- Serves 6
- Makes 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Halloween party treats aren’t known for being low in sugar, but there’s no reason they can’t be.
Making great tasting, nutritious treats together using peanut butter as the main ingredient also means that kids receive a slower release of energy from the treats, instead of the impending sugar-high that they can often experience from other lollies and chocolates.
So if you’re looking to create some spooky snacks with the kids this Halloween, this recipe from Mayver’s is super simple, tastes great and is healthy to boot!
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 Apple Monsters)
- 1 green apple
- Mayver's Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 6 cashew nuts
- Candy eyes (for decoration)
- Slice apple into 12 wedges (6 pairs), and split cashew nuts in half, lengthways.
- Spread Mayver’s peanut butter on bottom wedges of each pair and arrange split cashew nuts on top to look like fangs. Spread peanut butter on top wedge and place onto bottom wedge to look like a mouth.
- Use a very small amount of peanut butter to stick candy eyes onto top wedge.
Mayver's tip: if you can't find candy eyes, it's easy to make your own. Use white chocolate drops and dip the centre points in some melted dark chocolate!