Delicious hot, warm or even cold!
Ingredients (makes 12 nests)
- 6 medium potatoes
- an amount salt + pepper to taste
- 12 large eggs
- an amount cooking spray
- an amount If you want, chop some bacon and put it in same time as the eggs.
- Preheat oven to hot and bake the potatoes until almost tender (potatoes should still have a little bite) ... about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allow to cool and then peel and grate them. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spray two muffin pans generously with cooking spray. Put 3 - 4 tablespoons of grated potato into each muffin cup. Using your fingers gently press the sides and bottom in each muffin hole to make a nest (don't press the potatoes against the pan they need to sit lightly in the pan.) Lightly spray again and bake for 15 to 20 mins, making sure they don't burn. If they seem like they're not browning kick up the temp. Remove when the nests are golden brown.
- Allow the nests to cool. Crack an egg into each one, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake until the whites are set about 10 mins.
- Remove from the muffin pan with a spoon or fork and serve hot.