- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Colourful and tasty soup to warm up your heart. For extra spiciness, try adding chilli flakes, or my homemade recipe for chilli sauce here.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tin of 400g lentils
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 carrot cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 small brown onion finely chopped
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 TBSP cooking oil
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 TBSP homemade chilli pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
- Turkish bread (optional)
Notes... This spicy lentil soup has been the most popular one in my household in the winter for its heart warming effect. Adding a little chilli flakes or chilli sauce along with lime juice compliments the whole taste sensation. But you can leave these two things out if your kids don't like them. We love to tear up bread and mop up the soup bowl too.
- Heat oil in a large pot and saute onion until soft, add potatoes and carrots to pot, stir to coat with oil, keep cooking for 2 minutes. Add enough cold water to cover veggies in pot, add a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil for a minute, turn heat down to simmer until veggies are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add lentils and the rest of the vegetables, add boiling water to pot and mix in tomato paste, stir to combine. Continue to simmer with lid on for another 20~30 minutes.
- Check and season to your taste and serve in soup bowl. Mix in chilli sauce and add squeezed lime juice. Serve with toasted Turkish bread.
Recipe Hearty lentil soup
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.