- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
I was given some organic chillies and thought a nice clean sauce would be a great idea!
Ingredients (makes 1 Bottle or Jar)
- 4 Jalapeno chilies
- 2 cups water (and extra 1 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 dash sesame oil (optional)
- First put your gloves on, cut chillies in halves length wise, take seeds out if you prefer a milder flavour. Cut them in strips then dice finely. (WARNING: Do not touch your face or eyes when cutting chillies. If you do by accident please rinse with cold water and apply burn treatment ointment or something similar to reduce sting).
- Place water, sugar and vinegar in small saucepan, stir until sugar dissolves and comes to a boil, then turn the heat down a little until the syrup reduced slightly. Add diced chilli and sea salt to liquid and continue to cook for a minute.
- Mix cornflour with 1 Tbsp of water, then add to liquid. Stir and turn off heat when sauce has thickened. Add sesame oil. Cool, then pour into sterilised bottle or jar.
No chemicals or additives, only simple ingredients. Use it as a dipping sauce, add it to a dressing, or in a marinate. Please always remember to take precautions when preparing chillies. Believe me, if you don't, the consequences will be quite severe. Once you managed this basic sauce formula, the sky is the limit.