- Serves 3
- Makes 3
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 4 Ingredients
Italian pasta made easy!!!! Can use gluten free or whole meal flour!
Ingredients (serves 3 | makes 3 serves of pasta)
- 00 flour ( fine Italian flour) 1 cup plus 1/4 cup for the pasta machine and keeping pasta from sticking
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cold water
- In a bowl add flour and make a well, crack egg in the well and mix in the egg to the flour gradually until the flour looks kinda like bread crumbs
- Add oil and water and need mixture into a dough till its all looking smooth.
- Cut into 1 cm chunks . Set aside for 15 mins wrapped in a clean damp tea towel.
- Dust pasta roller and get your first section of dough ready by dipping it in flour and placing it on the roller. Roll all dough on setting 1 twice then 4 and lightly four and stack. (If you want to make lasagne you are done)
- Now grab a sheet of prepared pasta and roll through your desired sized setting either spaghetti or fetachini. Layer on a coat hanger and let dry for a couple hours
- To cook simply add to boiling salted water in a sauce pan on the stove and cook 5 to 10mins ..taste to see if cooked.
- Add to your favorite Italian dish !!!