- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
This recipe is basic but has so much flavour and you could have dinner on the table in no time.
Its also a great way to hide some vegetables from the kids.
I made fresh pasta using my Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker. The pasta only took me 5 minutes prep and in 15 minutes I had fresh beautiful pasta. I couldn’t believe I had fresh pasta ready to go with my meal in the same amount of time it takes to make the sauce
This dish was hit with all 3 kids (aged 1,2, and 5)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g Durum spaghetti
- 1 TSP Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (optional use garlic power to taste (1 -2 TSP) as easier on little tummies)
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 (100g) Carrot, chopped
- 2 sprigs Rosemary, chopped finely
- 30g Tomato puree
- 2 TBSP Balsamic vinegar (optional: 100 mls red wine)
- 250mls Sieved tomato sauce (I used canned diced tomato)
- 1/2 TSP Chicken or vegetable stock
- To Taste Ground black pepper
- To Taste ** optional basil and parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil
- In a skillet add some oil. Add garlic, onion, celery and carrot, and fry on a medium heat for about 5 minutes (or until the onion is transparent) Add the tomato purée, stock powder and rosemary.
- Deglaze with balsamic vinegar and wine or cooking water
- Add sieved tomato sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened
- Cook pasta for 5-6 minutes. Drain and portion on plates. Add a generous serving of sauce and sprinkle with basil and parmesan cheese.