This is a healthier alternative to store-bought marshmallows. You could make it more fructose free by substituting the honey for rice malt syrup.
Ingredients (makes 30 marshmallows)
- 3 tablespoons gelatine
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 3 drops of beetroot juice (or red food colouring)
- Dissolve the gelatine in 1/3 cup of cold water and let sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining ingredients (except for the beetroot juice or food colouring) in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from heat and then puree smooth with a stick blender.
- Pour half of the mixture into a container and let set in the fridge for an hour. With the remainder of the mixture still in the pan, add the drops of beetroot juice or food colouring. Stir through and pour into a separate container and let set in the fridge for an hour.
- Once set, cut them into squares or chunks. Perfect for an afternoon snack.