- Makes 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Delicious on top of pork chops and equally good over ice cream.
Ingredients (makes 6 cups)
- about 3 kilo green apples - peeled, cored and each cut into 8 slices
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or more to taste
- OPTIONAL TO ADD
- an amount nutmeg, maple syrup, allspice, butter
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 25 mins.
- Remove from heat and puree in a blender.
- Store in old jars in the fridge for later.