Homemade butter is fun to make and tastes delicious! A great way to use up any extra cream you have.
Ingredients (makes 100 Grams)
- 2 cups Cream
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Pour cream into a bowl and whisk until butterfat and buttermilk separate.
- Pour off buttermilk. Wash any remaining buttermilk out of your butter so it doesn’t sour. Scrape your butter into a bowl of very cold water.
- Squeeze your butter to release buttermilk. Continue this and change water frequently until it stays clear.
- Pat butter dry.
- Add a very small amount of salt and mix very well.
- Mould into preferred shape and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
*2 cups of cream makes about 100g of butter. *If you get all of the buttermilk out, the butter should last about a week in the refrigerator.