- Makes 24
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These are great low GI slices for the kids lunch box or a healthy snack with a cup of tea or coffee. If you want to change it up, add some chocolate drops on top of the slice before putting in the oven for that chocolate hit…
Ingredients (makes 24 Square Slices)
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Mixed Sultanas and Craisens (Dried Cranberries)
- Half Cup Raw Sugar
- Half Cup Desiccated Coconut
- Half Cup Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
- 140 Grams Melted Butter
- 2 Table Spoons Honey
- Splash Milk or Juice
- Heat Oven to 180 Degrees and line a slice or lamington tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter and honey together on a slow heat.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl together.
- Mix butter/honey mix and splash of milk/juice into the dry ingredients until ingredients are no longer dry.
- Place mixture firmly into tin and press down firmly.
- Cook in oven until golden brown - approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once out of oven cut into square slices when hot.
- Remove from tin when cool.
This is a recipe handed to me by a beautiful friend and is loved by everyone I have ever served it to - kids and adults alike.