- Makes 500
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This chilli sauce packs a punch. Pour it on food to add a kick. Or add it to a pasta sauce.
Ingredients (makes 500 ml)
- 250 gm Chillis - your favourite variety (I grow an assortment so I mix them up)
- 1/2 tin Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1 to 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs (dried is fine if you don't have fresh)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine sliced chillis, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, minced garlic and herbs in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Taste during cooking and season to taste.
- Remove from heat. Stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Process mixture until it's the consistency you like, or leave it chunky. Pour into sterilised jars and refrigerate for up to 8 weeks.