- Makes 20
- 65 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 15 Ingredients
KitKat fans get ready … these KitKat Gold baked mousse brownies are going to rock your World!
Who knew that our all time favourite could get any better? There’s now a new KitKat on the block. KitKat Gold!
Yes you heard right. Soft cloud like textures of mousse cake baked on top of a chewy brownie slice. Fold in KitKat Gold bars and you’ve got that extra creamy crunch as well.
What we love about new KitKat Gold.
KitKat Gold Chocolate Block is the perfect size for sharing with family and friends! Each 170g block contains 11 wafer fingers covered in decadent golden white choc. And if you don’t finish it all at once, the pack reseals to keep fresh for later on.
KitKat Gold Chocolate Block uses sustainably sourced cocoa from the Nestlé Cocoa Plan. The Nestlé Cocoa Plan aims to improve the lives of cocoa farming communities and the quality of the cocoa Nestlé purchases. The cocoa under Nestlé Cocoa Plan is certified by UTZ. KitKat will use only sustainably sourced cocoa to manufacture all of its products via the Nestlé Cocoa Plan from March 2016.
The history of KitKat.
First launched in the UK in 1935, KitKat has become an iconic snack bar ever since. To enjoy the latest delicious addition to the range, simply unwrap the block, break off one of the rows and savour the wafer finger covered in deliciously smooth golden caramelised white choc. Have a break, have a KitKat®
Is this the best KitKat brownie recipe?
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Once you’ve tried it, let us know your thoughts in the comments below. Haha, we’d also love you to tell us if the KitKat Gold actually made it into the recipe. We had to had another pack on standby as everyone kept eating the wafer fingers before they could make it into the brownies!
Ingredients (makes 20 Brownie slices)
- FOR THE BROWNIE BASE
- 200g Butter
- 400g Castor Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Nestle Bakers’ Choice Cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 170g plain flour
- 150g dark chocolate
- FOR THE MOUSSE
- 300g dark chocolate
- 130g butter
- 7 eggs
- 230g brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour (optional)
- 170g Nestle KitKat Gold
- FOR THE BROWNIE BASE:
- Melt butter, chocolate, castor sugar together in one bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. cocoa, flour, baking powder.
- Fold in the butter mixture and dry ingredients together until smooth consistency.
- Fold in eggs with mixture until combined.
- Bake at 180 degrees in fan force oven for 25- 30min.
- Whilst waiting for brownie base to bake Prepare mousse topping.
- FOR THE MOUSSE TOPPING:
- Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler, let cool after combined. Combine flour to melted mixture (Optional).
- Separate the eggs.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar until still peaks.
- Fold in chocolate mixture with egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites till stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold egg whites with chocolate mix.
- Lay KitKat on baked brownie in the arrangement you will like, YES you can do double stack or triple stacks.
- Pour mousse mixture over KitKat and brownie, be sure to spread it to every corner.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 45mins.
- Let cool before cutting.