- Makes 3
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
An old style lemon curd which goes great with pancakes, on toast or on it's own.
Ingredients (makes 3 cups)
- 3 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove the zest of the lemon. Try to make sure you don't get any pith (the white part).
- In a food processor put the lemon zest and sugar. Pulse until the zest if finely processed into the sugar.
- Separately, cream the butter and add in the lemon and sugar mixture.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well between additions.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and mix well until combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat until thickened. Should take around 10 minutes and stir continuously.
- Remove from heat and cool. Add to steralized jars and keep in the fridge.
A great way to use up lemons if you have a tree. The lemon curd is lovely with lots of desserts, on top of ice cream, with pancakes or incorporated into slices and other baking. Can also be used to create lemon chicken.