- Makes 6
- 24 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Creamy and Tangy, this frozen yoghurt will go down a treat on a warm summers evening!
Ingredients (makes 6 Lemon 1/2's)
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cups Thick Greek style yoghurt
- Zest of one lemon
- 2/3 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Combine caster sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved then remove from the heat and cool.
- Line a glass baking dish or a roasting pan with plastic wrap. Combine the cooled syrup in a bowl with yoghurt, lemon zest and lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour into lined pan and freeze for 3- 4 hours
- Remove from the freezer and break up frozen mixture with a large spoon, then transfer to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a 1l freezer-safe container and freeze for a further 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer for about 10 minutes to allow it to soften slightly as it will be frozen solid. If you allow it to soften slightly you will be able to use a scoop or spoon to get rounded balls for serving.
- You can juice some lemons (save the juice and freeze for next time you make this!) and remove the flesh and use the skins to serve the yoghurt in. Just keep them in the freezer until about to serve so they stay cold.