- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Lemonade Scones are about to become your all time favourite go-to recipe for scones!
Who knew that traditional butter based scones had a true contender?
Lemonade Scones have been around for years and years (probably as long as lemonade) but if you’ve never heard of them before, be prepared to have your mind blown with this recipe.
What we love most about this Lemonade Scones recipe is the lack of ingredients. That’s right, this recipe calls for just 4 basic ingredients.
The Lemonade Scones magic happens when the ingredients unite – a chemical reaction that creates a little batch of yum!
Our advice is to learn this recipe off by heart. Then anyone you have a friend drop in or the family say they are on their way, you can whip up a batch of Lemonade Scones in must minutes and have everyone complimenting you on your skills as a pastry chef. No one needs to know just how easy they are to whip up.
If you do think you’ll be whipping up scones over and over, we think it’s good to be prepared. Keep
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 1/2 cups Self raising Flour
- 2 tablespoons Icing Sugar
- 3/4 cup Lemonade
- 3/4 cup Thickened Cream
- In a large bowl, sift 2 1/2 cups of Self raising flour with 2 tablespoons of icing sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and add 3/4 cup of lemonade and 3/4 cup thickened cream into the centre. Mix to form the dough.
- Put the dough onto a floured bench and lightly knead. Press to about 3cm thick. Cut into 5cm round shapes.
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush with milk. Bake in 220C or 200 fanforced oven for 10 mins until golden brown.
You could add sultanas for a sweet fruity taste.