- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A light carbonara sauce with no cream and no egg.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 slices lean bacon (no fat)
- 1 can evaporated milk (375 ml low fat)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- garlic (I use minced from a jar)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the bacon. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in the evaporated milk and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and then simmer around 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fettuccine pasta.
This is great when you are trying to reduce the amount of fat in your diet. You can also use ham instead of bacon.