- Makes 2.5
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Toasting the pine nuts adds depth to the pesto and the freshness of the basil is just divine.
Ingredients (makes 2.5 cups)
- 125g Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pound all ingredients except oil in a mortar and pestle until finely pounded. (alternatively place in food processor)
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, carefully mixing and pounding until fully incorporated and thickened.
- Serve with past of your choice, dolloped on pizza or any other way you desire.
Keeps well in a jar in the fridge for up to two weeks. Alternatively place in zip-lock bags in the freezer and make when basil is plentiful in the garden and you will have lovely pesto year round.