- Serves 4
- Makes 10
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is a recipe that has been handed down for generations. Its quick, easy and cheap on the hip pocket!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 10 )
- 500g mince
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- half cup fruit chutney OR bbq sauce OR tomato sauce
- 1 whole egg for combining
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop onion and grate carrot.
- In a large mixing bowl, add mince, carrot, onion, sauce of your choice and salt and pepper: combine.
- Make a well in the mixture and add the egg, combine well.
- on a medium heat, in a frypan, heat some oil up.
- Roll palm sized balls out of the meat mixture and place into frying pan. cook for 5-7 mins each side. Serve with mash, winter vegetables and a traditional gravy.