This is a recipe that has been handed down for generations. It’s quick, easy and won’t break the bank!
What we love about mamma’s rissoles is that they’re an absolute crowd pleaser, and so versatile too.
Perfect for the whole family, including the kids, as well as for entertaining. We love serving these rissoles within a burger, but you can absolutely also enjoy them as a protein with a side of mash and vegetables, or chips and salad too.
Burgers can often feel heavy on the stomach, so for a light summer meal, we chose to use Tip Top Burger Thins as the base for these mamma’s rissoles burgers.
With mamma’s rissoles, lettuce, tomato, cheese and Tip Top Burger Thins, you’re onto a winner with this take on your classic burger.
We love that Tip Top Burger Thins are the perfect substitute for a standard heavy burger bun in this recipe. Light, tasty and versatile, Tip Top Burger Thins are a kitchen staple for busy mums, providing the perfect light base to a whole range of savoury and sweet recipes.
Stock up on Tip Top Burger Thins now and know that a tasty meal is never far away.
Mouths of Mums is working with Tip Top to bring you this recipe. With Tip Top Thins, Any Thins Possible – Try Thins Like You’ve Never Imagined Before.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g beef mince
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- quarter cup fruit chutney, bbq sauce or tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 whole egg for combining
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 4 slices cheese
- 8 Tip Top Burger Thins
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 4 pickles (optional)
- Finely chop onion and grate carrot.
- In a large mixing bowl add mince, carrot, onion, sauce of your choice (optional) and salt and pepper: combine.
- Make a well in the mixture and add the egg, combine well.
- On a medium heat, in a frypan, heat some oil up.
- Roll palm sized balls out of the meat mixture and place into frying pan. cook for 5-7 mins each side. (Note: Flatten rissoles slightly when using within a burger).
- Serve mamma's rissoles between Tip Top Burger Thins, with cheese, sliced tomato, lettuce and pickle (optional).