- Serves 8
- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
Pavlova is a staple at all our family events. We love ours crunchy on the outside and marshmallowy on the inside. To get this there are a few simple things I recommend.
1. Use room temperature eggs
2. Measure out all the ingredients in advance.
3. Use a Kitchen mixer with the whisk attachment, and once you start mixing do not stop until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Do not open the oven when the pavlova is cooking
5. Always leave the pavlova in the oven until completely cool- if you don’t it will collapse
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 1 pavlova)
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 1/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Malt Vinegar
- 4 Tbs Cold Water
- 1 Tbs Vanilla bean Paste
- 3 Tbs Cornflour
- Preheat oven to 120C Fan-forced
- Whip Egg whites in a kitchen mixer with whisk attachment until stiff and peaks form
- Gradually beat in water and sugar until dissolved.
- Add vanilla, vinegar and cornflour and beat until all combined.
- Line a large tray with baking paper, place a dab of pavlova mixture on the tray to keep the baking paper in place
- Place pavlova mixture on baking sheet in desired shape. The higher it is the more marshmallowy it will be.
- Place in over and cook for 45 minutes. Once time is up turn oven off but leave pavlova in oven until completely cool.
- 5-10 minutes before serving decorate with whipped cream and passionfruit.
You can double this recipe without issue. You can make it a day ahead just store it in a cool dry place.