Easy meatballs in a lovely, rich sauce.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 gram Beef mince
- 1 Packet of Maggie 'Best Ever Beef Burgers'
- 2 tbls Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Red wine or vegetable stock
- 400 gram Diced tomatoes
- 1 tbls Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Combine mince and Maggie 'Best Ever Beef Burgers' mix together. Form mixture into approximately 16-20 meatballs.
- Heat 1 tbls of oil in pan. Over medium-low, brown batches of meatballs all over. Remove. Discard left over oil, but don't clean the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in same pan. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add wine or stock to pan. Cook on high heat, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Return meatballs to pan. Cover and simmer on low heat for approximately 25 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Serve with pasta, Parmesan and crusty bread.