- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
To fit in my microwave I use a round glass casserole dish and pop the lid on during cooking.
- 6-12 (depending on size of your family) Potatoes
- 300ml Cream
- 1- 2 cups or so Milk
- 1 Packet of French onion soup mix
- 2-3 tsp Garlic
- 1-2 tsp Mustard (either Dijon or powder)
- To cover top of dish Cheese
Notes... I got this recipe from a friend originally and adapted it to my tastes and my son's. The same friend was having dinner at my house one evening when my oven broke and the scalloped potatoes were stone cold. I quickly popped them in the microwave and haven't looked back.
- Slice potatoes and put in a casserole dish.
- Put French onion mix in bowl with garlic, mustard, milk and cream and whisk
- Pour over potatoes, so they are well covered but not swimming in the liquid. Top with tasty cheese.Cover and put in the microwave for 10 minutes at a time and get out from time to time to put a butter knife through to test if potatoes are soft. I usually find it takes between 20-30 minutes to cook in my 1200w microwave.
Recipe Microwave scalloped potatoes
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.