- Makes 4-6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
This recipe is courtesy of Miguel Maestre. Miguel is a proud Ambassador of CARE Australia.
Ingredients (makes 4-6 )
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 50 grams unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 vanilla beans, split, seeds scraped out
- 115 grams plain flour
- 3 egg yolks
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- caster sugar, to dust
- chocolate sauce:
- 150 ml condensed milk
- 200 grams dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 100 ml milk
- To make chocolate sauce, stir condensed milk in a small saucepan, over medium heat until hot. Add chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in milk. Remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
- Bring milk, sugar, butter and vanilla beans and seeds to a boil in a medium saucepan. Discard vanilla beans. Remove from heat.
- Sift in flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined and dough comes away from side of pan. Remove from heat. Stand, covered with plastic wrap, for 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg yolks with wooden spoon, one at a time. Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm star nozzle.
- Heat oil to 180°C. Pipe 5cm lengths into oil, cutting off the dough with a sharp knife. Deep fry churros until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Dust with caster sugar. Serve with chocolate sauce.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.