This dessert makes delectable little mouthfuls of sweet indulgence. These mini banoffee pies are an absolute treat – although very rich!
Ingredients (makes 8 Individual Tarts)
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Flour (Pastry)
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar (Pastry)
- 1 cup Olive Oil (Pastry)
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Milk (Pastry)
- 1 1/2 cups Pitted Dates (Caramel)
- 3 Tablespoons Smooth Almond Butter (Caramel)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (Caramel)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence (Caramel)
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (Caramel)
- 4 Tablespoons Water (Caramel)
- 1 cup Raw Cashews - soaked for a couple of hours (Cashew Cream)
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup (Cashew Cream)
- 1/4 - 3/4 Water
- 2 Finely sliced Bananas
- For Pastry: Prepare 8 loose bottomed tart shells. Pulse all the ingredients together in a kitchen whizz. Be warned this is not a roll out pastry and it will be very moist and crumbly. It will almost resemble a wet cookie dough. As long as the mixture holds together when you press it, it is of the right consistency. Then press into each tart case until evenly distributed. Line with some baking paper and pie weights and cook in 180 degree oven for 30 minutes or so. Pop in freezer once cooled as this pastry is very delicate and much easier to remove when frozen.
- For Caramel: Place all ingredients together in a kitchen whizz. Whizz until becomes thickened caramel consistency. Add more water by ear - add by taste.
- For Cashew Cream: Put ingredients into vitamiser and add 1/4 - 3/4 cup water and vitamise until smooth and desired consistency of thickened cream
- To assemble: Spoon Caramel filling into Pastry cases. Top with finely sliced bananas. Top with Cashew Cream.